Lisa, Jerry Peyton’s daughter, ran away at the age of 14, ending up a victim of sex trafficking., which inspired a lifelong dedication to helping the next generations navigate the treacherous waters of sexual predators.
Hi, I’m Lisa Hansen-
I have dedicated my last 24 years to children and young adults. As one who suffered the traumatic effects of abuse as a young child and sexual exploitation as a teen, I found myself searching for answers. “Does anybody know how much I hurt? Would you love me if you knew? Do I matter?” My life did not turn around until I heard and believed the truth, “Your past does not define you. You are worth more than you can imagine.”
With child abuse at epidemic levels, I believe millions of children are asking the same questions. And I am convinced we can all bring this message of priceless worth to our kids today, which is how prevention became my passion.
Referring to the exploitation epidemic of our children, the National Center on Sexual Exploitation says it best:
No mass disorder afflicting mankind is ever brought under control or eliminated by attempts at treating the affected individual. What is missing from the current conversation is our society’s responsibility to invest in primary prevention. Primary prevention is taking action to prevent health and social problems before their onset.
That’s why I co-authored Power Over Predators for you and the children you impact!
When you attend the SAFE Summit, you can expect to walk away with new friends, new connections and new insights. You’ll also hear from some champions engaged in the fight speaking on the abuse & exploitation epidemic, trauma, identifying victims, prevention methods and more! We’ll give you practical tools on how you can engage in the fight, including:
- Understanding the tactics of predators so you can teach children how to spot a counterfeit and get immediate help
- Understanding and identifying trauma and how it effects behavior so you can effectively communicate and appropriately respond to victims
- Understanding what a real healthy relationship looks like so you can inspire youth to find what their hearts really desire, instead of settling for abusive relationships
I invite you join me and the countless others who believe our children are our most vulnerable and valuable treasure—begging to be cherished and protected! You’ll walk away ready for action.
Get your questions about the event answered by Sold No More Education Director Lisa Hansen
- Where is the event location?
- What can I expect?
- What are the benefits of attending?
- What is the pricing breakdown?
- Which registration option is best for me?
- What is included?
The Champion Line Up
Erin Merryn is an internationally recognized author, speaker, and child abuse advocate and activist.
Jerry has over fifty years of experience in visionary development and organizational leadership, having been a principal founder/executive leader for five nonprofit corporations.
Laura J. Lederer founded and directed The Protection Project at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1997.
Andy Maurer creates trauma-informed spaces that promote healing, emotional awareness, and performance enhancement for pastors and entrepreneurs.
Judith A. Reisman, PhD has focused on fraudulent sex science-education and on pornography as an Erototoxic pandemic, addicting children and society.
Former Marine, Navy SEAL, Actor, Motivational Speaker & decorated military veteran for "Heroic Service," Craig "Sawman" Sawyer is leading the charge as President of the newly formed non-profit, Veterans For Child Rescue (V4CR).
Choose your action plan. Reserve your seat today!
Awareness Summit Training & Curriculum
Day 1 Event Ticket + Day 2 POP Curriculum
- 12 hours of Certification for Continuing Education
- Learn effective presentation and communication skills
- Receive a 1-year single user license*
- Copy of the curriculum including PPT and Presenter Booklet
General Awareness Summit Training
Day 1 Event Ticket
- Invest in yourself and our children by gaining the confidence needed to engage in the fight against child exploitation. Includes handouts and certification for continuing education.
- 6 hours of Certification for Continuing Education Units
- Certification for Continuing Education
Group Awareness Summit Training & Curriculum
Day 1 Event Tickets + Day 2 POP Curriculum (5 users)
- 12 hours of Certification for Continuing Education Units per Attendee
- 1-year multi user license for 5 individuals*
- Tools to quickly & easily expand Power Over Predators to every school
- Learn how to recruit & train others to be Certified Presenters
July 27-28, 2018
- Welcome by Stephani Pretti
- Lisa Hansen & Jerry Peyton:
- Power Over Predators Program Overview
- Erin Merryn
- Why Prevention Matters
- Andy Maurer
- The Abuse Epidemic
- Edward Sumner
- Fueling the Demand for Exploitation
- Laura Lederer
- Identifying Victims of Exploitation
- Craig Sawyer
- The Fight Against Exploitation
- Judith Reisman PhD
- How We Got Here
- Jerry Peyton & Lisa Hansen
- A Call to Action
- Program operation instruction
- Modeling of 3 day curriculum
- Effective teaching methods
- Problem solving
- Real time rehearsal in front of an audience including students
- Simulated disclosure of abuse exercises & reporting procedures
- Certificate of Completion
*Schedule subject to change
Reduced Rate Room Available. Reserve Your Hotel Room Today!
We are proud to offer a relaxing, refreshing get away experience at The Westin La Paloma!
La Paloma has secured a special rate of almost 50% off in support of the SAFE Summit! Book before July 4th for a special reduced rate of just $89 per night + tax and they have even waived their resort fee for our event! Extend your stay by arriving early or staying a few days longer at this same great rate! Just book before July 4th, 2018. Special rates available three days before and three days after: July 24 – July 31, 2018
*This rate is for a luxurious king suite. Additional charges apply of rooms with a 2 queen suite.
Registration qualifies for door prizes, giveaways, and reduced 18 hole golf package of $85.
(If you call to book please reference “SAFE Summit”, “Sold No More” to receive room discount)
You and a guest can enjoy special pricing on golfing, soaking in the sun at their beautiful pool or getting spoiled in their spa.
Rooms are limited. Call La Paloma today at 742-6000 to reserve your room at this discounted rate!