The Walk4Freedom is Sold No More's largest event to raise awareness and funds for combating sex trafficking! This year our goal is to raise $50,000 in order to:
- Lead our crucial sexual exploitation prevention classes in local TUSD middle schools. In the last year, we've led this program with over 1800 students and in each school, identify 2-3 students who are likely being trafficked...as well as equip hundreds of others to better protect themselves and their peers
- Increase victim/survivor services, including leading our 10-week My Life/My Choice groups for survivors and high-risk girls. These groups are led in foster care homes, behavioral health agencies, schools and more.
We can't do this without you - we depend on the passionate and ambitious fundraising of our walkers/runners!
Fundraising - Why Do I Need to Fundraise?
One of the most important parts of the Walk4Freedom is the fundraising done by hundreds of participants! You help us to grow these programs and services available for at-risk youth and survivors of sex trafficking. Fundraising is your opportunity to help make a dramatic impact on the services available in Tucson to fight sex trafficking AND invite family, friends, co-workers and others into this fight with you!
Start Fundraising in 5 Easy Steps!
Start A Team
Being a part of a team and fundraising with friends, family and co-workers GREATLY increases your impact on the Walk4Freedom and the fight to end sex trafficking.
By raising $1000 as a team, you could provide:
- Sexual exploitation prevention education for an ENTIRE school of middle school students
- 10-week small groups for 20 survivors of sex trafficking designed to empower and prevent re-victimization
- One-on-one mentoring for a survivor of sex trafficking for A YEAR
- Counseling sessions for a survivor of sex trafficking
CLICK HERE to register your team!
See below for ideas on how to help spread the news about this event!
Invite Others to Join You in Combating Sex Trafficking
"I didn't see this as begging people for money, I saw the Walk4Freedom as an opportunity to educate more people about trafficking in Tucson and an invitation for them to get involved." - 2013 Participant
How To Invite Others to Join You:
1) Send out an email or letter to friends and family, asking them to support you through a donation or pledge or by walking with you. Check out a sample letter: CLICK HERE
Quick tip #1: We've found that people are MOST successful when they CALL or email friends and family individually (you can definitely copy/paste one email and add a short personal note), share a concrete goal and ask them to donate a specific amount. Don't be afraid, it's all about inviting MORE people into the fight to end trafficking.
2) Talk to your church or a group you're a part of and ask to make an announcement, put something in the bulletin or set up a table inviting others to join you or donate. Check out a sample bulletin announcement: CLICK HERE
3) Share OFTEN on Facebook and social media. Check out a sample post or tweet: CLICK HERE
Quick tip #2: We've also found that utilizing social media, particularly sharing REGULAR fundraising updates on Facebook, sharing when people donate and thanking them publicly really encourages others to check it out!
Be creative! Help us get MORE and MORE people involved in the fight to end trafficking.